May 13th, 2013

Astronaut sings Bowie's 'Space Oddity' in zero gravity

Chris Hadfield has conquered space. Now he's conquering the Internet, too.

A video of the Canadian astronaut singing David Bowie's "Space Oddity" from the International Space Station has been zipping around the Web at light speed since it was posted Sunday. The five-minute clip features Hadfield singing a modified version of the tune and strumming an acoustic guitar while floating through a space module, more than 200 miles above the Earth.

By Monday morning, it had more than 1 million views on YouTube, 3,000 comments on Reddit and was being widely shared across social networks.

FULL STORY

Post by:
Filed under: In Space • People in Orbit
  1. silly jokes

Fantastic web site. Lots of useful info here. I’m sending it to some buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious. And of course, thank you in your sweat!

June 24, 2013 at 3:17 pm |
  2. julia brown110

Abby. even though Raymond`s posting is flabbergasting... on monday I got a brand new Honda NSX from making $6045 recently and over 10 grand lass-month. it's definitly the most financially rewarding I've ever had. I started this 6 months ago and straight away startad making over $79.. per-hr. I follow the details on this straightforward website.......... FOX. ℂOℳ

May 18, 2013 at 2:09 pm |
  3. Mark

Just another third rate actor hired by NASA to pretend to be a space man. It looks so fake it's just silly. Silly like the imbeciles that believe everything the government tells them, including the Apollo hoax.

May 15, 2013 at 11:48 am |
  4. Sceintist

If you watch the video closely you can see the wires he is hanging from to simulate zero gravity.

May 15, 2013 at 11:30 am |
  5. Elroy Jetson

Hey! I really liked that guy. I'm going to see if I can get him to speak at my school (the Little Dipper School) here in Orbit City. Even though you earthlings are a little bit behind the times, I think he would be fascinating. He could do a little Bowie, too. It would be out of this world.

May 15, 2013 at 10:25 am |
  6. Matthew Black

God almighty Troll – would you get lost (in space) yourself already?! What a fool...

May 15, 2013 at 7:22 am |
  7. Fake It Good NASA!

Wait a minute.... NASA's astros are supposed to be searching for our 'interstellar roots', hunting down ET's and snapping pics of 'exploding stars', not singing space cadet songs and playing guitars....

May 14, 2013 at 9:34 am |