Earth's water may have come from comets
October 5th, 2011

Earth's water may have come from comets

Earth was a dry, hot place immediately after it formed, with surface temperatures above 1,000 degrees; any water would have evaporated immediately. And yet today, 71% of our planet's surface is ocean. So where did all that water come from?

One theory is that it came from comets, and that hypothesis gets more support in a new study published in the journal Nature.

Scientists have found that the comet 103P/Hartley 2 has water with properties similar to the water on Earth. The comet is currently about 419 million miles from Earth. Scientists believe it originated in the Kuiper belt, which is near Pluto.

The ratio of deuterium to hydrogen in this comet's water is similar to what's found in the oceans that we know and love. Deuterium is an isotope of hydrogen that has one extra neutron per atom.

Paul Hartogh of the Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research in Katlenburg-Lindau, Germany, and colleagues used observations from the The European Space Agency's Herschel Space Observatory.

They believe that comets may have delivered much of Earth's water during the Late Heavy Bombardment, about 3.8 to 4.1 billion years ago, a period when Earth, our moon and neighboring planets were slammed by an unusually large number of asteroids and/or comets.

The bombardment may have happened because as Neptune got pushed farther away from the sun, past Uranus, material that was farther out in the solar system moved in toward Earth, Hartogh said.

The idea that comets brought most of our planet's water started circulating in the 1950s and 60s, but it got discredited when the European Space Agency sent a spacecraft to examine Halley's comet in 1986, and the hydrogen isotope ratio didn't match up with earthly water.

Six comets besides Hartley 2 have also been analyzed in recent years, and their water didn't have hydrogen isotope compositions similar to earthly water either. But these comets came from much farther away than the Kuiper belt, in a region called the Oort cloud.

"Now we are almost back to the old theory that water may have been delivered by comets," Hartogh said.

Post by:
Filed under: Discoveries • In Space • On Earth
  1. ofertas bahia principe a jamaica

I just like the helpful info you provide to your articles. I'll bookmark your weblog and take a look at once more here regularly. I am moderately sure I will be informed lots of new stuff right right here! Good luck for the next!

May 21, 2013 at 8:20 pm |
  2. drinking hard water

Hi there, simply become alert to your blog through Google, and located that it's really informative. I'm gonna be careful for brussels. I'll be grateful should you proceed this in future. A lot of folks can be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

April 5, 2012 at 8:24 am |
  3. June Wallman

What I wouldnt give to learn how you got your design to be so amazing! I mean it. Besides the website just being brilliant, this page is too sweet! Its not too flashy. It doesnt do too much with colours and things and the videos you use are perfect for this topic! Really, fantastic blog.

December 8, 2011 at 5:44 pm |
  4. Sharon Fawcett

You certainly know what youre discussing. Man, this website is just great! I cant wait to see more of what youve reached say. Im really happy which i found this when I did because I had been really starting to become bored with all the whole blogging scene. Youve turned me around, man!

December 8, 2011 at 3:59 pm |
  5. crusader12

Religion = Ignorance! The fact that people would argue faith against scientific merit forces me to believe we as human beings have no hope of mental progression ever. Period. Until we choose to view things empirically, there is no hope. If someone out there ever meets God let me know.

November 3, 2011 at 3:32 pm |
  6. Ron Mueller

Small traces of water came to earth in the form of comets, meteors a other space objects but the majority of water found on all planets comes from space itself. Space is full of water, or at least the elements that make up water and when a planet forms. This is a common occurrence as you will find more planets and moons with water than without (those with limited gravity or super heated lose or vaporize it).

Much like the theory that our solar system was once believed to be unique, we now find the vast majority of stars have planets, so we are now learning that water planets are rare either, rather quite the opposite. Earth, because of its habital zone and gravity, has been able to retrain much of the water that makes up its oceans and freshwater but it is not unique and was not filled by vast comets bombarding earth.

October 20, 2011 at 8:13 am |
  7. Amber

i believe i said "no one really knows where that water came from or where we came from. I assure you it wasn't the "god" all of you religious freaks speak of." i never said god didn't exist, i said the god YOU believe in doesn't. if you heard my theory, you'd just bash that too. i'm not even going to waste my time explaining myself, i just want to clarify that i never said i don't believe in god. i just don't believe in YOUR god. there are things out there in space that no one can even comprehend.. and that's as far as i'm going. but thanks for misunderstanding me and sticking up for what all you believe in. i mean really. it shows the loyalty that i'm sure "your god" would want or your church or whatever. I'm not offended by any of the comments said, so you guys shouldn't be offended by mine. from this point forward, lets agree to disagree.

October 18, 2011 at 5:43 pm |
  8. Elisangela

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1 – And that`s it.

October 8, 2011 at 5:54 am |
    • fimeilleur

And where did God come from?

October 9, 2011 at 10:22 pm |
  9. M_your_God

Your Ancestor > Grand Parents > Parents > You > Your Child > Your Grand Children > Your Generation....all survives with water so don't bother where it came from, just take good care of it!.

October 8, 2011 at 1:22 am |
  10. M_your_God

All have given each individual opinions but no one ever thought about being born and created from your parents and be thankful to your ancestors through genetic mutation which took millions of years of continued process. Water is life and whatever that survives on it will never ever know about its mystery. Out of millions of spilled sperms from a mother's womb exhaustively assisted by a father, life's magical process of selecting the fittest as you were chosen in order for you to be able to witness these fantastic creation ever that we call Earth. Tell it to your children and you children's children and appreciate the water wherever it came from as it is our life and be the witness of its abundance and the last of those who will be born and experience the last drop of it shall treasure every millilitre left....and shall not argue where it came from or who's the creator.

October 8, 2011 at 1:15 am |
  11. Dan

And what is that supposed to mean, exactly? Do elaborate.

October 7, 2011 at 8:32 pm |
  12. Antonio Velasquez Jr.

Donald Trump is a perdct example of a neo darwinist.Every thing else is evolution and/or creation.We will know better after our ultimate baptism.Have we, or have we not started to run for the mountains ?

October 7, 2011 at 6:57 pm |
    • Dan

Next time you're going to post, please try to assemble a complete thought. OK? Thanks.

October 7, 2011 at 8:32 pm |
  13. lol

Why does CNN tend to post articles about things we already know, and have know for a very long time?

October 7, 2011 at 5:38 pm |
  14. Antonio Velasquez Jr.

GOD CREATED EVERYTHING AND SAW THAT ALL WAS GOOD then alonge came the white man...

October 7, 2011 at 5:24 pm |
  15. John 2

Ya and the seeds came floating down after the comets

October 7, 2011 at 3:24 pm |
    • lol

/facepalm.... there is a reason you blindly follow your faith.

October 7, 2011 at 5:39 pm |
  16. Antonio Velasquez Jr.

What will be launched here on comets will be their destruction."Quote Unquote"

October 7, 2011 at 3:06 pm |
  17. Antonio Velasquez Jr.

Comets? No way!The water on planet earth was brought here(dont ask from where)by none other than Donald Trumps ancient relatives. Because they knew how important it was to make huge amounts to whiskey that was absolutly necessary to wipe out the indiginous peaple and aquire their land, amonge other prized posessions.

October 7, 2011 at 2:59 pm |
  18. Antonio Velasquez Jr.

Comets? No way!The water on planet earth was brought here(dont ask from where)by none other than Donald Trumps ancient relatives. Because they knew how important it was to make huge amounts to whiskey that was absolutly necessary to wipe out the indiginous peaple and aquire their land amonge other prized posessions.

October 7, 2011 at 2:56 pm |
  19. tin.tun

...if that is the case then....there must be a lot, a lot of comets hit earth....

October 7, 2011 at 2:32 pm |
    • lol

You mean like the thousands of tons of material that impact the earth each year?
      Does anyone know how to read in America?

October 7, 2011 at 5:41 pm |
  20. Phil

Where did it come from? Ask the stupid, uneducated creationists - they think they know everything about how it all started.

Comets? Absolutely.

god? Hahahaha - not a chance.

October 7, 2011 at 2:04 pm |
    • Dan

Some of the smartest, kindest people I know are creationists. I say this while not sharing their belief.
      To generalize in such a fashion tells nothing of creationists, but a great deal about you.

October 7, 2011 at 2:22 pm |
      • lol

show me a creationist and I will show you ignorance. Most people mistake intelligence and wisdom.

October 7, 2011 at 5:43 pm |
      • Dan

No, show me *anyone* and I will show you ignorance about something or another.
        What you're posting tells a lot about you, and very little about those whom you speak of.
        I've had the pleasure of interacting with creationists who are so adept and well studied regarding physics, biochemistry, and math... I've learned a great deal over time from many people. Many of our species' greatest minds have devoted their lives to the study of religion, life, the human experience.
        I'm thoroughly confident I could have learned a great deal more from Gandhi or Kant than I could from you, or anyone else posting here.

October 7, 2011 at 8:57 pm |
      • cmonout

Are you a closet creationist, or are you just trying to sound smart by saying that you’re not?

October 11, 2011 at 1:51 pm |
    • Phil

@ Dan

Creationists are stupid, not smart. If they did show any intelligence whatsoever, they'd realize just how stupid their belief was.

October 7, 2011 at 3:51 pm |
      • Dan

Though I commonly mock the religious assertions of those who are amusingly uninformed about their beliefs or the beliefs of others, I shall similarly mock yours. You have a deplorably inexperienced and short-sighted perspective on intellect.
        I challenge you to respond to this with your very own original critique of Dr. Russ Humphrey's interpretation of general relativity as it pertains to event horizons of stellar bodies.
        In case you haven't heard of him, he's a young earth creationist, and a damned smart one at that. He holds a phd in physics, and worked for the Sandia National Laboratories.
        He frankly annoys me, as I don't think what he's doing is science from a philosophical standpoint, but he certainly makes a good set of basic arguments, and his math, while not perfect in all circumstances, is light years beyond what I am capable of (and I suspect you as well).

I await your response.

October 7, 2011 at 9:08 pm |
      • Jesse

Phil.. Are you a republican atheist? You should pray that it's creation. Based on my readings, evolution and survival of the fittest would not be kind to such an unfit mutant. 🙂

October 8, 2011 at 10:55 am |
  21. Zombie

It must piss scientist off when people give "GAWD" all the credit, seeing how he has NEVER proofed his existance.

October 7, 2011 at 2:02 pm |
    • Dan

I think it's more likely that scientists are frustrated at the lack of scientific literacy attained by both sides of the "origins" debate, among the general population.

October 7, 2011 at 2:26 pm |
  22. Amber

holy hell people!!! i think this is most comments i have seen in a while!! i think everyone needs to chill. no one really knows where that water came from or where we came firom. I assure you it wasn't the "god" all of you religious freaks speak of. i don't see any of you doing ACTUAL research on this matter or evern other matters regarding where we came from... all you people live your life with your eyes closed, listen to some dude using "god's money" to build him and his family a nice huge house with a pool. is "god" seeing a dime of this money?? no!! it's all a scam to make other people rich. I believe there is a lot of power in the sun. space has compounds, engeries, and shit that we can't even begin to know what it is. look at the bigger picture people. we were not created from a man named adam and a woman named eve.. there was not tree of life, no forbidden fruit. you people take all that SO SERIOUSLY!! it is a work of literature. I can write a bible if i wanted to... seriously... this is so ridiculous!! stop fighting or argueing over this. no one knows!! it def wasn't "god"... i like the aleins slushy idea, that wasmy personal favorite 🙂

October 7, 2011 at 1:02 pm |
    • steveinmo

That's because we don't require research to believe. The very definition of Faith, once received through baptism:
      - The substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
      True believers don't need to go looking for proof because we already have the knowledge and confidence when the Lord Saves us and it's written in our hearts. We don't need a human being to say it's "okay" because none can.

And as Paul told Timothy:
      - ..avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science, falsely so-called.

And these go right along with the falsehoods being taught as "education" these days:
      - I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not. Is 66:4.
      - And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be d a m n e d who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 2 Thes 2:11-12

You're certainly free to choose to believe what you want, but the Truth is the Truth whether you choose to believe or not, you can't change it – not like all you "learned" people have change right and wrong these days, turning right on it's head and claiming wrong is right.

October 7, 2011 at 1:47 pm |
      • trent

The great flood was caused by the deeps being opened up. This was an explosive opening. The comets got their water from the earth, not the other way around(the explosion sent the water shooting into space). Go to amazingdiscoveries.tv to find out the truth about coal fields, "D'evolution look up Walter Veith

October 7, 2011 at 9:15 pm |
      • fimeilleur

@ Trent,

Simple physics blows your post out of the water. Do some research...

October 9, 2011 at 9:58 pm |
    • steveinmo

That's because we don't require research to believe. The very definition of Faith, once received through Salvatiom is:
      - The substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
      True believers don't need to go looking for proof because we already have the knowledge and confidence and it's written in our hearts. We don't need a man to say it's "okay" or "it's really like this" because none can.

And as Paul told Timothy:

- And for this cause G o d shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be d a m n e d who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 2 Thes 2:11-12

You're certainly free to choose to believe what you want, but you can't change the Truth whether you want to or not. It's not like all the "enlightened" and "educated" people have changed right and wrong these days, turning right on it's head and claiming wrong is right.

October 7, 2011 at 1:51 pm |
      • HBear

Faith is not an excuse for Blind faith. How can you become learned in the Bible if you don't study it? To paraphrase Paul in Thessalonians 5:21, test everything, Hold on to the good. Avoid the evil.Christ was known for His wisdom and knowledge......look at his parables.

October 13, 2011 at 4:23 pm |
    • geophotoman

Getting back to science, I wonder if Earth got some of it's water from Mars? There is geomorphological evidence of previous water on Mars, but only some remains in the form of polar cap and underground ice in shaded craters. I believe Mars lost its atmosphere when the core froze and the protective magnetic field ceased to exist. I think Mars' water evaporated, went into space, and may have recondensed on Earth, giving us twice what we normally would have received from comets. But I've never heard this theory discussed.

October 7, 2011 at 3:27 pm |
      • steveinmo

Water on Mars? So what, water is not exclusive to Earth, or even Mars or the comets. Why did Earth have to have it brought here? Why not have it already? How did Mars get the water? What about the comets? What about Jupiter's Moons, one of which is covered in water ice? Seems to me that when they were created (or as you believe formed) that water was already here. Bad science...

October 7, 2011 at 4:10 pm |
      • geophotoman

Steveinmo, I don't see a "Reply" option on your message, was that intentional? Some water is included in molton lava. It comes out after the final stages of Bowen's Reaction Series when pegmatites are formed. However, this water is a minor amount, and would not account for the volume we have here on Earth. Mars received the bulk of its water in the same manner as Earth, over the past several million years. The point of my post is that I feel it likely that Earth's abundance of water may be because we received Mar's water when that atmosphere burned away, as a result of the planet's core freezing. When the Sun reaches it's final life stage (some billions of years from now), Earth may suffer the same fate when geothermal warming is insufficient to keep our core molten.

October 7, 2011 at 7:21 pm |
      • steveinmo

Hi geophotoman, same here. I also can't respond to you after a certain level – think the site's written this way.

To answer your reply, one of the problems I have with your idea, is that (if it did as you say – I don't buy the timeline but that's another issue) once Mars lost its water to space through radiation, there's way too much empty space between us and Mars to get more than maybe a drop or two. Tangible comparison – it would be like you and I standing a mile apart and one of us farting (sorry, don't laugh) and the other being able to catch some of it. Even if the wind was blowing in favor of allowing it to drift to the right direction; and that brings up another problem, the solar wind would've pushed any vapor that might've been lost away from the inner solar system. If this did happen as you and others think, it'd be more likely that Jupiter had a better chance of catching a few drops. The rest is probably suspended in space as disperse as the particles that account for the NBR.

October 7, 2011 at 8:40 pm |
      • geophotoman

I have to say I haven't read the previous 470 posts. Could you restate your theory that we received water from Jupiter and its moons.

October 7, 2011 at 10:11 pm |
      • geophotoman

Re-reading your post, I may have misunderstood. But I would like to add that gravity would pull the water vapor to Earth. There is scientific data inferring (still under scrutiny by the Scientific Method) that a piece of Mars was launched into space by a meteor, and a small rock was found on Earth.

I would like to discuss the timeline issue with you.

October 7, 2011 at 10:25 pm |
    • Brian

Interesting that you say "no one can possibly know" yet insist that you know God had nothing to do with it. God and Science do not have to be exclusive, and anyone who thinks that science must discredit religion is just as bad as someone who says religion must take precedence over science.

October 7, 2011 at 3:38 pm |
    • Royce

There is such thing as the tree of life. Its called Ganoderma Lucidem. And if you've ever seen it, felt it, and ate it... You too would believe it is the tree of life. I happen to have some growing in my backyard right now :). Yeep Cure for cancer, unbelievable isnt it?!???

October 7, 2011 at 5:01 pm |
    • bucnic

silly theory.... if water evaporated during earths formation still water will present in earth atmosphere due to gravity and eventually would have condensed. if comets hit earth with water there will be plasma leading to dissociation of molecules.

October 7, 2011 at 8:39 pm |
    • baltamar tex

It rains every day on earth, and the earth has been around for about 5 billion years. That's long enough to fill 70% of the earth with water. The core of the earth also makes water and oil. There's natural springs all over the world that proves that.

October 8, 2011 at 12:52 am |
      • fimeilleur

OMG stay in school.

October 9, 2011 at 10:03 pm |
      • Mike

This is the funniest post I've seen in some time.

October 10, 2011 at 12:41 pm |
    • Stephen

Amber I could go either way on this and I have . There has been analysis on the concept of a Creator, Evolution and the list goes on. Beliefs one way or another shape who we are and who we will be. Pick one and don't fear going it alone because there are many that will share your views now. Change is. I hope that you live long in good health. Enjoy every moments. Just be Amber, it's all you need.

October 8, 2011 at 9:32 am |
    • Kent

You have faith, Amber. A lot of faith. As a matter of fact, it takes a lot more faith to believe in the theory of evolution than it does to believe in the God of the bible; especially when the perfection in the whole of creation speaks of His existence – and that includes you. Possibly you have been hurt in some way by "religious" people, but that does not change the truth or the hope that you can have in Christ and in the word of God. Just as choosing to not believe doesn't change the fact that it is true.

Amber, do you really think that all the millions of people over the centuries since the dawn of mankind that know the truth and believe in the God of the bible were just a bunch of stupid idiots and that somehow just you and a minority of others really get it? Please don't insult your own intelligence. I say this not to offend, but in the hopes that it may cause you to reexamine your beliefs. Just ask God... He will take your pain and give you joy and peace – and I'm not talking about some ethereal pink cloud kind of thing, but a real peace deep within that will sustain you through the trials of life... and into the life hereafter.

Blessings to you.

October 8, 2011 at 10:00 am |
      • Paul not Peter

Kent,
        Yes I'm afraid that is correct. There are millions and millions of people in this world who live unexamined lives filled with ignorance, and they seem quite happy to continue to do so. One thing they possess is a certainty that their brand of faith is superior to all the other brands out there.
        I don't know if I would call them stupid, but it takes a special brand of intelligence to believe that any book of literature is the literal truth, and set aside all inconsistencies and contexts contained within it.
        It is one of the peculiarities of the human brain that once it is brainwashed and indoctrinated into a particular straitjacket called faith, it then ignores any evidence that contradicts that faith and only looks for things that reinforce it.
        The main question is this; why do people who are not interested in learning from science and evidence based thinking come to this website, which so obviously contradicts their "faith"? For instance, I don't go to crosswalk.com and post science opinions!

October 9, 2011 at 9:16 pm |
      • Amber

unfortunately kent, you couldn't be more wrong. I hope for your sake you get to whatever place you want to get to in the end. If you do research, and i mean real research. the results will scare you. and no, you can not use the bilble as a source of anything other than literature. people tell stories and those stories stay around for thousands and thousands of years. the christians are the biggest group of coorupt people i've ever been around or have seen or heard about. it now is a big money scam. in the beginning i really do believe the bible did people some good. it taught people who knew no better, that you have to be a good person your whole life and just do evil for the He'll of it. it's a good guidline for living your life, but you have to take it lilke a grain salt. if people still lived 100% by the bible then most seafoods would be an abomination... once you read the whole bible from front to back, you'll understand.. it's ok. i'll let you believe what you want and you let me believe what i want. they are both THEROIES and not just they can't be proven. no one really knows why anything is the way it is. until we fully understand all the energies of space, we'll never even get close. good luck with life and may karma be good to you 🙂

October 18, 2011 at 5:25 pm |
    • Dhorn

Creation vs Evolution. Balh blah blah...... Here is one you over religious types. Maybe just maybe God created man through evolution. I know, evolution took millions of years and God created man on the 7th day. A day for man is 24 hours. What is a day for GOD? One day for God could be millions of years for Man...

October 8, 2011 at 10:33 am |
      • fimeilleur

That's if you believe the Judeo-Christian creatin myth.. what about the Egyptian creation myth? or the Mesopotamean creation myth? or the native american creation myths? They all have equally supportive documentation of their validity...

October 9, 2011 at 10:09 pm |
    • Jesse

"no one knows, but it def wasn't god" If you, or that matter anyone else, has no idea then how is it you can so decidedly deny the possibility? I have no problem with my beliefs being challenged or disagreed with, in fact I think proving your beliefs to yourself by allowing ts is of utmost importance. It's the arrogance to simply dismiss them that bothers me, and
      I think most others who still bother to think with an open mind. You are right, I may not have a picture of God, but you have no more concrete proof that he doesn't exist. In fact, in a strictly logical discussion I think the existence of God is more logical than the completely random and happenstance methods so called science tends to offer as explanation for our existence. Even Albert Einstein acknowledged that in our physical universe there is only coversion between matter and energy. He was not so dogmatic as to deny a creator without concrete proof. If we're going to trump science,
      Can we at least be scientific about it?

October 8, 2011 at 10:51 am |
      • Paul not Peter

Jesse,
        You raise some valid points and I commend you for keeping an open mind. I think you are a young person who is in the process of examining logic and science and the available evidence and deciding for yourself.
        May I recommend an excellent book by Richard Dawkins, called "The God Delusion". The reason I mention it is that all your arguments are answered comprehensively in that book, and after reading it you will have a really good understanding of what the god/science debate is all about.

October 9, 2011 at 9:22 pm |
    • Jehad

How funny your comment is , Ha Ha .You only see deception, you are the one who needs to see the big picture, do not preach us while you ignoring the virtues of God upon you,God who created you, proportioned you, and balanced you ! I know you don't like my words but i love things called arguments ,reasoning and logic,just like you ,its shameful to insult your creator , because he created every thing in this universe whether you like or not this is the truth . Perhaps you do not like this talk , I know why ? because you do not want you to recognize the grace of God on you but. Regarding water God said 1400 years ago " i will tell you Indeed, in the creation of the heavens and earth, and the alternation of the night and the day, and the [great] ships which sail through the sea with that which benefits people, and what God has sent down from the heavens of rain, giving life thereby to the earth after its lifelessness and dispersing therein every [kind of] moving creature, and [His] directing of the winds and the clouds controlled between the heaven and the earth are signs for a people who use reason." And it is He who sends down rain from the sky, and We produce thereby the growth of all things. We produce from it greenery from which We produce grains arranged in layers. And from the palm trees – of its emerging fruit are clusters hanging low. And [We produce] gardens of grapevines and olives and pomegranates, similar yet varied. Look at [each of] its fruit when it yields and [at] its ripening. Indeed in that are signs for a people who believe " God also said ." And have you seen the water that you drink? Is it you who brought it down from the clouds, or is it We who bring it down? If We willed, We could make it bitter, so why are you not grateful ?God also said "And within the land are neighboring plots and gardens of grapevines and crops and palm trees, [growing] several from a root or otherwise, watered with one water; but We make some of them exceed others in [quality of] fruit. Indeed in that are signs for a people who reason.

October 8, 2011 at 11:06 am |
      • fimeilleur

Wow, quoting from the Koran... I'm convinced...

No really, Do you believe in Odin? Zeus? Buddha? Vishnu? All these gods have bestowed blessings on you... why do you not worship them?

October 9, 2011 at 10:14 pm |
    • jednmorf

i think we did come from the adams and eves. plural.the 1st race of humans nephilm the virgin marys androgenous humans all life in the beginning was so.the tree was the splitting of the 2 sexes.you cant write a bible only they that new can.its just the info is in the wrong hands ie religion they either know or we will all find out at the same time which i think is the plan.totally agree with the rest of wot u said.....19c october 12th england crazy

October 12, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
    • Amber

i believe i said "no one really knows where that water came from or where we came firom. I assure you it wasn't the "god" all of you religious freaks speak of." i never said god didn't exsist, i said the god YOU believe in doesn't. if you heard my theory, you'd just bash that too. i'm not even going to waste my time explaining myself, i just want to clarify that i never said i don't believe in god. i just dont believe in YOUR god. there are things out there in space that no one can even comprehend.. and that's as far as i'm going. but thanks for misunderstanding me and sticking up for what all you believe in. i mean really. it shows the loyalty that i'm sure "your god" would want or your church or whatever. I'm not offended by any of the comments said, so you guys shouldn't be offended by mine. from this point foward, lets agree to disagree. 🙂

October 18, 2011 at 5:32 pm |
    • Jay

I personally think that god pissed on the Earth; that's where the water came from.

November 3, 2011 at 6:57 am |